I am now certified in Habit Hand Tied Extensions! I am so excited about this extension method that I had to create this page to get the information out there for those of you who are curious 🙂
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) Can you wear your hair up with extensions?
A) Yes. You can wear your hair half up, in braids, and all kinds of other styles too! They are almost invisible. They are applied in a “U shape pattern” from ear to ear basically. They flow naturally with your hair so that they are extremely versatile.
Q) Are they real human hair?
A) Yes, they are 100% human remy hair. Which means that all the hair is meticulously selected and hand sewn into wefts with all of the cuticles facing the same way. They are extremely high quality and healthy hair. For more information click here.
Q) Can I wash, style, and brush like normal?
A) Yes, you just have to be careful and it takes some getting used to. Sometimes we use different products on clients real hair than on the extension hair. For example, we use volumizing products on the roots and smoothing products on the ends. They can take heat from hot tools just like your real hair. Heat styling protection is always recommended.
Q) How often do I need to get them taken out and put back in?
A) Typically every 6-12 weeks
Q) How are they applied? Do they damage the natural hair?
A) No glue, no stickiness, no fusion. It’s simple! Rows of tiny silicone-lined beads are applied to the natural hair with a looper and squeezed flat to the head with pliers. The wefts of extension hair are sewn on and between the beads with a C -shaped needle and thread that matches the color of your hair. Little to no harm is done to your natural hair. The weight is distributed evenly.
Q) How do you take them out?
A) It’s easy! We take the pliers and squeeze the beads the opposite way they were flattened which releases the hair. Then the extension hair slides out.
Q) How long does it take to put them in?
A) It takes me about an hour per row. I am hoping to get faster at this the more I practice. I have started my clients with just one or two rows for their first time. We can gradually add more wefts as we get more comfortable with them.
Q) How do you get the hair?
A) The salon orders the hair through a respected hair supplier. It usually takes about a week to come in the mail.
Q) Will it match and blend with my natural hair?
A) Yes! We will match your hair to a swatch when you are in the salon during your consultation. Consultations are recommended. Extension hair can be colored to match your hair even better 😁
Q) How often do you have to buy new extension hair?
A) It depends on how well the client takes care of their hair. Some people can reuse the hair for a year and some for 6 months.
For more information check out this Link below. These are the people that certified me to do extensions with their method 🙂 They post videos for client education, so very helpful! 👇
• Satin Pillow Cases help to prevent tangles and frizziness. An added bonus is that it helps keep the hair style preserved so well you can rock your style for multiple days.
• The Wet Brush is super gentle. Great for in the shower when you have conditioner in your hair, out of the shower on towel dried hair when applying styling products, or for blow drying hair. Keep mini’s in your purse for mid-day brushings.
• Loosely braid your hair before you go to sleep. Never sleep with wet hair.
• Use scrunchies. Be super gentle on your hair. The extensions are secure but it doesn’t hurt to baby them.
• Brush hair thoroughly multiple times of day. Always keep a firm grip on the base of the extensions as to not pull unnecessarily. Brush wefts individually.
• Apply serums or moisturizing creams on Extensions morning and night
• Wear your hair in a tight pony at the beach/lake and saturate a deep conditioning mask before swimming underwater.
• Microfiber towels are great because they don’t rough up the cuticle. The less rough you are on your hair, the more it will be shiny and soft.
• I always tell people they are a lot like eyelash extensions. It is a little weird at first but you get used to them.
Cost of Hair Extensions & Install (includes dry cut for blending)
$150 a weft
PLUS the cost of color
full highlight + brightening the ends $200+
full highlight $165+
Maintenance – Reinstall aka Move Up
every 6-12 weeks
$200 for first row, $100 for each additional row
Examples of my clients ⬇️
Real people and real results
Thank you for reading 🙂 I know, it’s a lot and super confusing at first. It was hard for me too! Once you get them done once or twice it’ll all make sense. I really feel like extensions are amazing because they can do a lot of the work for you. They add color and drama to your ends that would have been impossible naturally or super damaging with Balayage. Fuller ponytails and braids look way dressier than without extensions. This is a total game changer. I have them myself and my clients that have them would agree that we can never live without them now. We are so happy and would love to share our experience with you.